As we expected, Absinthe 2.0 is now available for untethered jailbreak of all iOS 5.1.1 devices. The following devices are currently supported: wi-fi, 3G and CDMA models iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 (CDMA and GSM), iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, Apple TV 2. It is already possible to download the utility from our site. We offer you a short guide to untethered jailbreak.
Not supported - Apple TV 3. Before proceeding with the untethered jailbreak, you need to update to iOS 5.1.1 (download).
Attention! Please check the list of Absinthe 2.0 compatible devices in advance. It is advisable to perform the hacking procedure on a PURE iOS firmware! But, if this is not possible, use the instructions.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Make a backup copy in iTunes or iCloud in advance (this is not only a precaution, but also a necessity to avoid problems during jailbreak)
- Open Absinthe and click "Jailbreak". Attention! do not interrupt the process and wait until it ends. (The device may reboot in the process)
- After rebooting, the Cydia shortcut should appear on the main screen (Springboard).
- Restore the device from a previously created backup if necessary
Download Absinthe 2.0 for iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
For all users with tethered jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on their device, just install the Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 tweak to get an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1.
Stay with us!