The second beta version of iOS 6 for developers is officially released today. We have already talked about the update process, now, as promised, we will tell you more about the distinctive features of the second beta. Also, recall that we described in detail all the changes that the iOS software developers found in the first beta. This article will highlight the innovations that have been discovered in iOS 6 beta 2 over the past hours.
- The build of the new firmware was numbered 10A5338d.
- This update is available for: iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4, iPad 2, iPad 3, Apple TV 2G and 3G.
- To update using a computer, you need to install iTunes 10.6.3.
- The update can be downloaded "over the air" (for iPhone 4 the update size will be 299 Mb, and for 4S - 322 Mb)
- An animation of the Settings icon appeared during the update.
- In the Notification Center, the position of the Twitter and Facebook widgets has been changed, they are now symmetrical, and the Twitter logo has also been slightly modified.
- The calendar in the Notification Center now displays the end date and time of the event.
- The weather icon now shows the actual weather in the current region.
- A switch for 3G in roaming has been added to the cellular data settings.
- Fixed minor bugs in Game Center.
- In the photo gallery, instead of the "Add" button, a "+" button appeared. A demo of the new features of Photo Stream is presented in this video:
- The image with the Earth, which has appeared since the first iPhone by default, has been removed from the standard wallpaper.
- In the geolocation settings, you can now turn it on and off via Wi-Fi.
Guided Access Option
- The "Ringtones" section now has the ability to adjust the vibration to your liking.
- The last route is now saved in the Maps application, even when the application is closed completely.
- The AppStore has added the ability to view screenshots of applications in full screen.
According to the well-known developer iH8sn0w, the release of iOS 6 beta 2 will be available until July 31 (on this day Apple closes iWork.com). This is all of what users and developers have noticed in the first few hours of working with iOS 6 beta 2. We hope to learn about deeper changes in the future. We will keep you updated, stay tuned.