2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:09
Nokia is known for its unsuccessful but numerous lawsuits against HTC. The ban on the sale of HTC One mini was recently overturned by a UK court of appeal, but hope dies last and Nokia has finally found a compelling argument to win.
It lies in a patent directly related to USB technology and how the computer chooses the appropriate driver when the phone is connected to it. This, of course, is used in almost all HTC smartphones (based on Android) and an injunction on the sale of Taiwanese devices also in Germany will close the company's path to the largest mobile device market in Europe. However, more often than not, such cases end with the submission of an appropriate appeal from the losers. However, here it is difficult not to admit an obvious step forward on the part of Nokia, this time the Finnish company found a really big loophole.
This technology is used in almost all Android-based mobile devices, and therefore everyone, from Motorola to LG, is at risk. It is not yet clear how the large manufacturers are going to circumvent the patent, but most likely, most of them are already working on a solution to the problem. On the other hand, Nokia is beginning to actively use its own superiority, gaining influence in the European market.
- Top managers are leaving HTC en masse.
- HTC's design team was arrested on suspicion of stealing the company's classified data.
- Beats by Dr. Dre refuses to cooperate with HTC.
- HTC's profit fell 6 times. The CEO of the company announced plans for the future.
- Rumors: HTC is closing some factories.
- The best smartphones of 2013.
- Results of the year: The best smartphone of 2013 according to users.