2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:09
After months of speculation and years of waiting, the creator of the Windows operating environment, Microsoft has finally released the official Office suite for iOS - Ofice 365 for the iPhone. However, according to experts, this is not quite what users expected.
The product has a rather long official name - "Office Mobile for Office 365 subscribers" and requires a subscription to Office 365. The package is available only to iPhone users and is more a stripped-down version of "office" rather than a full-blown application with full functionality.
The new product allows you to edit, although not in full, documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint formats on smartphones from Apple.
Document View supports the display of charts, animations, SmartArt graphics, and shapes. Any changes made to a document on iPhone will be visible on other devices thanks to syncing via SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro and SharePoint.
Here are some of the editing and file sharing features offered by Office 365 mobile for iPhone.
- Editing - Allows you to make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Documents remain intact - When you edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on your phone, their formatting and content remain unchanged.
- Offline editing - allows you to edit documents without a permanent connection to the network, you can view and edit recently used documents offline. After connecting to the Internet, all changes made will be saved in documents stored online.
- Create - the service allows you to create new Word and Excel documents on your smartphone.
- Function "Comments" - supports viewing on iPhone comments that have been made to Word and Excel documents, as well as leaving your comments using a mobile device.
- Share - If you create or edited documents or comments on them, you can share them by email or save them to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
As expected, the program can be used to open attachments to email messages.
The app is compatible with iPhone 4 / 4S / 5 and iPod touch 5th generation and requires iOS 6.1 or higher mobile platform.
Download Microsoft word [App Store]
iWork for iCloud is the cloud-based counterpart of the iWork suite.
Windows 8 is still not popular.
Download Skype for iPhone with improved call quality and chat functionality.