Two months after the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus went on sale, there is a slight decline in overall hype. The period of widespread interest in new products has passed, and the queues gradually began to thin out.
In this regard, according to the Taiwanese edition of DigiTimes, Apple has reduced orders for the supply of chips to its new smartphones. In particular, in the first quarter of 2015, Cupertinos intend to reduce purchases to 44-46 million processors, while in the last quarter of this year, more than 50 million units were ordered.
Sources also report further declines in Apple orders for other components for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Observers believe that sales of new smartphones are currently peaking and will continue to decline. Due to the decrease in the number of ordered microcircuits, the manufacturer is ready to provide the Cupertinians with the chips in full, without delay, by the agreed date.
Earlier, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo from KGI Securities released a forecast that the number of smartphones sold in the first quarter of 2015 will fall to 49.4 million units. In the last quarter of 2014, according to the analyst, in connection with the holidays, there will be an increase in iPhone sales - 71.5 million smartphones, including obsolete models, will be shipped to the world market.
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are forcing people to stop using the iPad.
- In a new ad for the iPhone 6, Apple is showing off the voice messaging feature.
- IPhone 6/6 Plus owners: the screen is too vulnerable to scratches.
- 6 helpful tips for using iPhone 6 Plus.
- What can you buy instead of iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB in Ukraine?
- The iPhone 6 Plus is especially popular with Asian consumers.
- The whole truth about the iРhone 6 Plus - 60 days of experience using the first Apple phablet.