2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-04 23:58
Sometimes we forget to turn off our Mac - and for a variety of reasons, we can regret it a lot. Wouldn't it be great to turn it off via iPhone ?! Apple does not give us this opportunity yet. However, the "switch" can be made independently.
- Dropbox cloud service account;
- Launch Center Pro launcher for iOS. The application makes it possible to perform routine tasks as quickly as possible - using special shortcut icons. The action required to put the Mac to sleep is uploading files to Dropbox;
- Hazel on Mac.
How to remotely lock Mac via iPhone
1. Create a special folder in the Dropbox service. For example, you can name it after our launcher: / Apps / Launch Center Pro.
2. Install and open Hazel. Create a rule in the program to execute the Applescript after the file named Sleep Mac appears in the program.
Now let's create the script itself. Don't be intimidated by the scary word "script", it is very simple:
3. Launch Launch Center Pro (download) on your iPhone / iPad. Create a new action called Sleep Mac via Action Composer. Go to the following address: System Actions -> In App Dropbox -> New File.
4. In the new window, specify the parameters:
Name: Sleep Mac (or whatever you choose);
Text: it doesn't matter;
Path: same as Dropbox
5. Click the Done button.
Done - the Sleep Mac button appeared in the list of launcher icons.
Now you can turn off your computer remotely from anywhere in the world where there is an Internet connection.
- 6 applications for remote access to Mac or Windows PC via iPhone or iPad.
- How to remotely lock an iPhone or iPad if stolen.
- Special services can remotely hack any iPhone, Blackberry and Android smartphone.
- How to properly prepare iPhone and iPad for sale.