2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 08:36
We have already described how to make a bootable USB flash drive with OS X Yosemite using standard system tools. Fortunately, any Mac package contains everything you need, namely Terminal and Disk Utility. The way to use them is not particularly difficult, however, it requires a little patience and a few steps. You will also need to work with the Terminal.
With the free utility DiskMaker X, you can make your system boot disk much faster and easier.
How to create a bootable OS X Yosemite USB stick with DiskMaker X
For this you need:
- Download the DiskMaker X app from the developer's site. Please note that to create flash drives with other versions of the system (Mavericks and earlier), you will have to use the previous modifications of the program.
- Download the OS X Yosemite installation files. We have already described how you can do this.
- Prepare a USB flash drive or removable disk with at least 8 GB. Pre-save all the necessary files from the disk; during the utility operation, it will be formatted.
- Connect the drive to the computer and run DiskMaker the X.
- Select the version of the operating system to be installed and agree to the rules for using the application.
- Wait for the end of the process of copying files. Its speed depends on the speed of the flash drive and can take from 10 to 20 minutes.
That's all. The OS X Yosemite bootable USB stick is ready. There was no need to launch standard system utilities, format the disk and use the Terminal. Now, to install the system, you need to connect the bootable USB flash drive to the computer and hold down the Alt button when it is turned on or rebooted. In the list of available devices for loading, select the USB flash drive and the system installation process will begin.
- How to quickly open an edited file in another program on Mac OS X.
- How to add program shortcuts, folders and files to the Finder panel.
- OS X Yosemite Finder Concept Apple Should Look Out For (Gif).
- 8 Easy Ways to Improve the Finder on Mac OS X.
- How to combine multiple Finder windows into one.
A long time ago, the Cupertino-based company switched to a digital method of distributing installation distributions for its operating systems. On the one hand, this is correct, because installing a system from a disk or flash drive is the last century
You may need to create a bootable USB flash drive with a new version of the operating system for Mac to quickly bulk install OS X El Capitan on multiple computers, so as not to download a 6 GB image each time. In this article, we'll show you how to quickly make an installation USB
OS X Mavericks is rapidly spreading around the world, aided by its free software. However, the distribution model through the Mac App Store has not received positive reviews from everyone. In particular, this applies to users with slow Internet connections or those who need to install the OS on several Macs at once
There are many reasons why you may need a bootable USB flash drive with OS X Yosemite installed on board: several Macs on the network require a fresh update, or you installed a new hard drive on a Mac and you need to install a new version of OS X
The company Apple has launched an open testing the new operating system OS the X Yosemite beta . In order to get the system update at your disposal, you will have to register on the Apple website in the OS X Beta Seed Program. The system image can be downloaded from the Mac App Store after confirmation