2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-04 23:58
In February 2016, Twitter developers implemented a mechanism that provides a new algorithm for generating a news feed based on user preferences. Initially, the functionality was disabled by default, but on March 15, many users saw that the most interesting messages for the subscriber were displayed first in the news feed.
Twitter added a new paragraph to the news feed description that reads:
For those who did not like the new functionality, the company provided an opportunity to deactivate it.
How to get back the old timeline on the web version of Twitter
1. Log into your account using a web browser and open the "Settings" tab;
2. In the Content tab, select the Feed section and uncheck the box next to Show best tweets first.
How to get your Twitter timeline back on iOS
1. On the profile page, select the "Settings" tab;
2. Select the account whose settings you want to change;
3. Select the "Ribbon" section and click on the "Personalize the Ribbon" item;
4. Disable the feature by unchecking the box next to Show best tweets first.
Twitter will keep the 140 character limit for tweets
Note that on Friday, March 18, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey clarified the situation around speculation about the possible lifting of the 140-character limit for tweets and the implementation of technology that allows users to publish messages up to 10 thousand characters. As Dorsey explained, the company has no plans to lift the limit yet.
- Video from Photos on iPhone and iPad are the best apps for making videos from photos.
- Skype in the browser has got new features.
- Do I need to unload apps from the iOS multitasking bar - Apple's official answer.