2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 08:36
Tonight, Moscow time, Apple's management reported to investors on the financial results of the corporation in the first financial quarter of 2016 (October - December 2015). In general, the figures below confirm the forecasts of analysts and indicate the stagnation of the key markets for the company.
The first fiscal quarter has traditionally been the most profitable for Apple, as the company once again managed to record revenue and profit margins thanks to holiday sales. Revenue amounted to about $ 75.9 billion (which is $ 1.3 billion more than in the same period last year), and profit - $ 18.4 billion (+ $ 0.4 billion), or $ 3.28 (+ $ 0.22) per one share. At the same time, the next quarter, according to the forecasts of analysts of the company itself, for the first time in a long time will become less profitable than the II financial quarter of 2015.
Naturally, the iPhone still plays a key role in generating Apple's revenue. Sales of the Apple smartphone in this quarter grew slightly - 74.8 million devices against 74.5 last year. The iPad Pro release also did not help change the trend of permanent decline in tablet sales - 16.1 million tablets were sold, which is 5.3 million less than a year earlier. An unpleasant surprise was the drop in Mac sales by 200 thousand units - 5.3 million computers sold in the first financial quarter.
However, experts (as well as Apple representatives) do not consider the situation critical. Against the background of macroeconomic problems and currency fluctuations in important markets for the company (Tim Cook named Brazil, Russia, Japan and, first of all, China), a decline in sales of key devices was inevitable, while Apple is quite successfully diversifying its product line - devices from the category “Others, which includes Apple Watch, Apple TV, iPod, etc., added $ 4.35 billion in quarterly profit, up 62% over last year.
IPad Quarterly Sales
Mac Quarterly Sales
Apple Quarterly Revenue by Product Category
Interesting facts from the Apple report
- The reporting quarter was the highest profitability in the history of Apple;
- Two-thirds of all income is generated outside the United States;
- The company has free funds of $ 216 billion;
- The number of active apple devices has exceeded one billion;
- At the moment, investors have been paid $ 153 billion out of the $ 200 billion planned under the share buyback program;
- The average iPhone price was the highest in all years at $ 691;
- At the same time, the level of satisfaction of users of the flagship iPhone 6s / Plus is 99%, while for the iPad Air 2 the same indicator is close to 97%;
- This quarter set record sales for iPhone, Apple TV and Apple Watch;
- In the second financial quarter, Apple predicts a drop in iPhone sales for the first time;
- Services brought the company $ 6.1 billion, the company received another $ 548 million in accordance with court decisions on patent claims;
- According to Tim Cook, there has been a record high number of Android switches;
- Tim Cook noted that Apple will continue to increase its research budget and has plans for developing virtual reality services.
- First image of the iPad Air 3 - the tablet will receive 4 speakers and an LED flash.
- Copyright holders will no longer be able to delete pirated distributions from Rutracker.
- What the first logos of Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and other IT companies looked like.
- How to set a password for Notes in iOS on iPhone or iPad.
- How to protect your SMS-correspondence (iMessage) on iPhone from strangers.
- How to create a separate signature for each email account configured on iPhone or iPad.
Apple has announced the date of its next conference call for its fiscal 2016 second quarter results. Recall, according to forecasts, during this period for the first time in the history of the company, iPhone sales were to decline in annual terms
Apple's quarterly reports can not but rejoice investors and shareholders of the company - every three months, management reports on new sales and revenue records. The IV fiscal quarter of 2015 was no exception - 48 million iPhones sold, more than $ 50 billion in total revenue and other impressive figures exceeded analysts' forecasts
On a webpage for investors, Apple posted a message that it intends to submit its quarterly financial report on October 27, 2015. This will be followed by a conference call at which the Cupertinians will shed light on the fourth-generation Apple TV and iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus sales
Apple will release its fiscal third quarter 2015 report on July 21, followed by a conference call to review the sales results of the acclaimed Apple Watch. Information about this appeared on Monday, June 29, on the official website of the company in the section for investors
Recently, there has been a hint in various publications and analysts' reasoning that Apple is losing its dominance in the market. The emergence of such conversations was also caused by a drop in the value of its shares by almost $ 200 at the end of last year