2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 08:36
Apple released the results for its third fiscal quarter 2016. Contrary to the predictions of Wall Street experts and the company itself, things were not so bad. But much worse than last year.
According to the report, in the third quarter, Cupertinos sold 40.4 million iPhones (against 47 million a year earlier), 9.95 million iPads (against 10.9 million in 2015) and 4.2 million Macs (against 4.8 million in the past year).
Apple device sales
Services and other products (including Apple Watch and Apple TV) brought the company a total of about $ 8 billion - just slightly less than last year. The total revenue of the "apple" corporation amounted to $ 42.4 billion, which is almost 8 billion less than in the same period last year.
Apple's quarterly revenue change
According to the report, Apple's sales declined in all major markets except Japan, where sales rose 23%.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and CFO Luca Maestri held an investor conference on the results of the third fiscal quarter.
During the meeting, Apple top managers discussed the company's performance indicators over the past few months and voiced forecasts for the future. The most interesting details of the conference are presented below.
- Tim Cook: App Store revenue grew 37%, hitting an all-time high.
- The iTunes store has set a new record for the number of customer transactions.
- Service revenue accounted for 14% of the company's total revenue.
- Apple predicts that the Services category will expand significantly by 2017.
- The demand for the iPhone SE significantly exceeded the supply volume.
- The iPhone SE has gained popularity in both established and emerging markets
- A record number of users have switched to the Apple ecosystem.
- Compared to the previous year, the number of iPhone users in China increased by 34%.
- In the first three fiscal quarters of this year, iPhone sales in India rose 51%.
- 3 out of 4 contactless payments are made through Apple Pay.
- Apple Pay is supported by over 11 million contactless POS terminals around the world.
- Apple Pay is available in 9 global markets.
- Apple now has $ 231.5 billion in cash.
- Last quarter, Apple returned $ 13 billion to shareholders.
- Apple acquired three companies last quarter.
During the conference, Tim Cook also noted that the situation with the shutdown of the iTunes Movies and iBooks Store services did not practically affect the volume of revenue in the third quarter, since the total revenue from the two services does not exceed $ 1 million.
Despite the upcoming release of the new iPhone 7 in September this year, Apple expects a recession in the fourth fiscal quarter. According to the company's forecasts, in the last quarter, the total revenue of the corporation will amount to $ 45.5 billion - $ 47.5 billion. For comparison, in the same quarter last year, the Cupertinians gained $ 51.5 billion.
- 15 advantages and 5 disadvantages of the iPhone SE
- 8 interesting examples of landscape design to manipulate the behavior of citizens on the street.
- Logos of Apple, Samsung and other famous brands in the Soviet style.
Apple reported its results for the first fiscal quarter of 2015 (which coincides with the fourth calendar quarter of 2014), once again breaking its own records and significantly exceeding the expectations of financial tycoons from Wall Street
On the Investor Relations portal, where information for investors and Apple analysts is posted, the Cupertinians confirmed that the report for the second fiscal quarter of 2015 will be published on Monday, April 27.Despite the fact that the last quarter has traditionally not distinguished itself with high-profile events and passed quite calmly, analysts are showing great interest in how Apple is doing after the incredibly successful winter holidays
Apple To Report 4th Quarter Financial Results October 20, IPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Launch Data Included
About how successfully Cupertinos worked in July, August and September, they are going to officially tell three weeks later, on Monday, October 20th. In fact, the start of sales of new iPhone models fell on this period, the account of sold gadgets, according to some sources, is already in the millions - there is something to include in the report
Anyone interested in learning about Apple 's financial performance in the third quarter of this year will be able to get answers to their questions in two weeks. The Cupertino-based company announced yesterday that it is going to present its financial results for the third quarter of 2013 - July 23rd
Nokia is not the same. All of you probably remember these phones. If I remember correctly, the only ones on our market that have never been legally produced in China. The factories were only in Finland, Hungary and Germany (the latter was moved to Romania)