The well-known Canadian hacker iH8sn0w, the creator of the famous Sn0wbreeze program, which serves to create custom iOS firmware, has released today an updated version of another of his programs called iREB. The program allows users to avoid 16xx errors in iTunes when restoring to custom firmware. Now the program supports iOS operating systems within 3.x.x to 5.x.x.
iReb r5 supports the following devices:
- iPhone 2G / 3G / 3GS / 4
- iPod Touch 1G / 2G (MB and MC) / 3G / 4
- Apple TV 2
What's new in iReb r5:
- File size significantly reduced (370 kb)
- Fixed bugs in USB 3.0
- Significantly increased speed when working with iPhone 2G / iPhone 3G / iPod Touch 1G
- Fixed bugs related to DFU mode
- Updated data limera1n / steaks4uce
Instructions for using iREB:
1. Connect the device to your computer.
2. Open iREB.
3. Select your device and follow the on-screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
4. Upon completion, you will receive a message with a proposal to restore to custom firmware.
5. Open iTunes and hold down the "Shift" button on your keyboard and click the "Restore" button. Next, select a custom firmware to restore.
6. iTunes will restore the device to custom firmware bypassing the 16xx error.
Download iReb r5 for iOS 3.xx to 5.xx