Hardly five years ago, anyone imagined that the popularity of the app for uploading photos to social feed would reach such a level - today many people pay more attention to their alter ego on Instagram than to their own children. At the same time, the audience of the service has grown so much that some companies are willing to pay more for an advertising post in the Instagram feed than for television videos.
Why Instagram is hacked
The enormous popularity of the social network has significantly increased the value of accounts, which means that there are people who want to get these same accounts by dishonest means. In this case, passwords are stolen not only by the owners of well-promoted profiles that can be used to make money (spam mailings), but also by ordinary people who are hacked by automatic means (account data gets into the database of similar ones and is subsequently used or sold by cybercriminals) or friends from personal motives.
ON THE TOPIC: Private Instagram profile: what is it for and how to do it.
How Instragram account protection works with two-factor verification
Be that as it may, losing an account, in the promotion of which a lot of effort and time has been invested, is quite unpleasant, and at the same time protecting it is not so difficult. It is enough to activate two-factor authentication and bind your own phone number to the profile, after which the fraudster will not be able to access the data, even if he has the correct password at his disposal.
RELATED TO: All Instagram Secrets.
How to set up two-factor authentication on Instagram
1. Install the latest version of Instagram for iOS.
2. Open your profile page, go to settings (the gear icon) and select the Two-factor authentication section.
3. Activate the Require Security Code switch.
4. Add your phone number and confirm to enable two-factor authentication.
five. After adding the phone number, click on the Next button and wait for the receipt of an SMS with a confirmation code from Instagram, enter the received code in the appropriate field and click Finish.
- How to protect WhatsApp from hacking: Set up two-step verification.
- How to correctly invent complex passwords and not forget them - advice from a hacker.
- IPhone and iPad Notes: 7 Features You May Not Know About