The speed of data transfer in cellular networks has already become so high that it makes it possible to work not only on your iPhone on the Internet, but also through it to your computer almost anywhere. How to do it? The presence of fast mobile internet means that it is possible to enable the "Tethering" function on your iPhone.
It makes it possible to connect to the device via a wireless connection, and then broadcast it to the Internet.
Having an access point for your iPhone can be convenient when you find yourself in some place with no Wi-Fi or with a poor signal, low speed, but you still need to work on a desktop or laptop computer.
By default, when you turn on your own hotspot, its name is just your phone's name. To make it easier to find the desired option in the list of networks, you should change the name to an understandable and recognizable option.
Here are five easy steps to take to change the Personal Hotspot name on your iPhone.
How to change the name of the hotspot on iPhone in tethering
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Select the " General " section.
3. At the very top of the General page, click About this device.
4. Select " Name " at the top of the next tab.
The default is iPhone. You may have also chosen the name suggested when setting up your phone, namely [your name] iPhone.
5. Enter the new desired name and click " Done ".
You're done - you've changed the name of your iPhone and thus the name of your hotspot. Now you can activate it and easily find it in the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
The point will be publicly available for viewing from other devices, but it will be possible to connect to it only with the password specified in its settings.
- New gestures in iOS 13 for working with text on iPhone and iPad that you might not know about.
- How to download a video from VK (VKontakte) to an iPhone or iPad and watch without the Internet.
- Optimized charging, or how iOS 13 will extend the life of an iPhone battery that is constantly left on charge overnight.