Instagram has received a number of changes and new features over the past few months, including the ability to turn off comments as a method to combat abusive behavior within the service.
Below, we'll show you how to close comments on Instagram posts if you don't want to deal with internet trolls, political comments, or just don't want to clutter up your feed. The ban can be applied both before posting the message, and after.
There are two simple ways to disable commenting.
How to turn off Instagram comments when creating a new post
1. Create a message, edit it or add filters, click "Next";
2. Before clicking on the "Share" button, open the "Advanced settings" item at the bottom of the application screen;
3. In the settings, activate the option "Disable comments";
4. Return to the previous screen and click on the Share button.
How to turn off Instagram comments on an already published post
Instagram allows you to turn off comments on an already posted post if you don't like them for some reason. For this:
1. Start Instagram and open the page with the desired photo or video;
2. Click on the menu button ("…") at the top right of the photo or publication;
3. In the displayed menu, select the "Disable comments" option.
That's all. Now comments will no longer appear on the page and most users will most likely not even notice their absence. If desired, the function can be re-enabled by clicking on the "Enable comments" option in the settings.
How to set up filters and automatically block some comments on Instagram
1. Open Instagram Settings.
2. Go to Privacy → Comments.
3. If necessary, adjust the permission and blocking of comments from selected users, and also enable a filter that will automatically hide potentially offensive comments.
- Masks and effects on photos and videos in Instagram: how to enable and add new ones.
- Blue Check Mark on Instagram: How to Get Verified Instagram Account Status.
- How to correctly unsubscribe from a person on Instagram so that he does not know (so as not to offend).