Regardless of whether your device is running Android or iOS, the official Instagram app makes it quick and easy to add a red (blank) line to a post description without having to copy text from another app.
In fact, the ability to insert blank lines is very important, as it makes messages much easier to read and understand. It also allows you to hide long lists of hashtags that many people use to enhance the look of a post.
It was and is:
How to insert spaces between lines in Instagram post descriptions
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Create a new post or edit the description of an existing one.
3. Position the cursor where you want to add a blank line.
4. Press the "123" key on the keyboard.
5. Press the Enter key as many times as necessary to insert a blank line.
If your version of Instagram does not have the Enter key, then you need to update the application to the latest version. If that doesn't help, there is still a way to add blank lines to your post descriptions. Here's what to do:
1. Open your note-taking app and create a new note there.
2. Enter your text with blank lines, then select it and click "Copy".
3. Now open Instagram and log into your account, if required.
4. Create and edit your new post, but don't publish it yet.
5. Press and hold the title bar briefly until a menu appears. Select "Insert".
6. Your text will be copied including formatting. You can now post your note.
Formatting tips and tricks
Formatting can dramatically change the way readers perceive and interact with your posts. Therefore, knowledge of various text processing methods is very important for the author. Again, if you don't have the new option to wrap invisible lines, or just want to try something different, here are a few tricks you can use when working with Instagram:
Create line breaks using symbols or emoji emoticons
You can use a specific character of your choice on those lines where you do not want to put any text. This gives the old version of the application something to act as a placeholder for the string. The result is the impression that there are line breaks. But the symbols you use will of course still be visible. Therefore, although this option is suitable for huge chunks of text, it is still not ideal.
Hide hashtags with dotted lines
As mentioned earlier, hashtag groups are usually found at the end of headlines, which won't prevent the reader from focusing on what matters most: the message itself. However, if you don't have a headline, these groups can still be distracting. To get around this, you can use a period at each line break to visually separate the title from the hashtag group.
Try a dedicated whitespace tool
If you've tried your regular note-taking apps but still haven't gotten the line breaking effect you want, a dedicated tool like TextSpacer.com might be a good option. On this site, you will be able to create and format your post, then click "Copy" and paste the text into your Instagram signature.
- Blue Check Mark on Instagram: How to Get Verified Instagram Account Status.
- How to disable Instagram comments for selective posts and from any users.
- How to Post Live Photos from iPhone to Instagram: 3 Ways.