Many social media platforms do not allow users to change the name of an account after its initial setup, because this is the main element of account identification.
Surprisingly, Instagram allows the user to change their username (nickname) at any time. At the same time, it is possible to change the display name, and this can be done both in mobile applications for iPhone or Android, and in the web browser of your computer.
Keep in mind that although you can theoretically change your display name to anything, it doesn't have to be unique, the situation is different with the user's login (nickname).
The user's login can no longer be used by someone else. Instagram will warn you if your desired name is not available. You won't be able to save your changes until you choose a unique word.
How to change your Instagram nickname on your phone
1. Launch the Instagram app.
2. Click on your account icon in the lower right corner of the screen to go to your profile page.
3. If the application has multiple accounts configured, tap the account name at the top of the screen and select the account you want to change.
4. Click Edit Profile.
5. On the Change Profile page, tap the box next to your display name or username (nickname) and make your changes. When you're ready to save your results, click Finish.
How to change your Instagram nickname in a web browser
1. In a web browser, go to the Instagram website.
2. Click the account icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Click Edit Profile.
4. Tap the box next to your display name or user account and make your changes. When you're ready to save your results, click Submit.
- How to correctly unsubscribe from a person on Instagram so that he does not know (so as not to offend).
- Instagram cache on iPhone: where to watch it and how to clear it.
- How to add music to Instagram Stories on iPhone - 2 ways.