Users of devices with jailbreak probably know about the wonderful tweak Activator, whose main task is to "hang" a certain action on the desired gesture or button. Many have long guessed how to use this tweak to work on a device with a broken button.
However, what if the Home button broke before the device was jailbroken? There is a way out - Redsn0w 0.9.14b2.
Recently we talked about a new jailbreak tool from Dev Team. In addition to the corrected errors of the previous version, a rather curious DFU IPSW function appeared in it. She herself transfers the device to DFU without pressing any buttons.
So, to jailbreak with a disabled Home button on an iPhone, iPod or iPad, we need to do the following:
- Download the latest version of the Redsn0w utility 0.9.14b2
Run it and go to the Extras menu -> Even more -> DFU IPSW
- Click "OK" in the window that appears
- Next, you should select the official iOS firmware file for your device (not custom!)
- The Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 program will create a firmware file with the "ENTER_DFU" prefix
- Now, when connecting to iTunes, select your device, hold down the "Shift" button on the keyboard, press "Restore" or Option on the Mac.
- Select the created file with the "ENTER_DFU" prefix
- Now, after recovery, the device will automatically enter DFU mode, after which you can untethered jailbreak following our instructions.