Instagram is a popular free photo sharing service. Every time you launch the application and download (view) photos and videos, copies of these files are saved on your iPhone (or Android device).
Some apps use the cache to speed up processes and prevent reloading of previously opened images and data, but Instagram's cache can grow to significant volumes, taking up a lot of device space. In the instructions below, we'll show you how to clear Instagram cache and free up space on iPhone. This problem is very relevant for iPhone owners with little internal storage.
Note for Android users: in the Android version of Instagram there is a button "Clear cache" under the section "Settings", by clicking on which users can clear the cache.
The Instagram cache is located in the "Documents and Data" section of the app. Currently, the only way to reliably remove this section is to manually uninstall and reinstall the app, since neither iOS nor the Instagram app has a built-in option to uninstall Documents and Data. As you might have guessed, this is exactly what we are going to do.
How to clear Instagram cache on iPhone
Note: this procedure requires an active internet connection and you will need to log in to the application again after the process is complete.
1. Open the "Settings" app on the iPhone;
2. Go to the "General" → "iPhone Storage";
3. Wait for the storage information to load;
4. Scroll down to the list of apps and find Instagram. The space occupied by the application in storage will be indicated next to it. In some cases, the cache can take up several GB.
5. Click Instagram;
6. Click "Remove Application";
7. Confirm the deletion by clicking "Remove application";
8. Open the App Store on iPhone;
9. Search the Instagram directory (using search or other methods) and re-download the app.
After reinstalling Instagram, you will need to re-login to the app. If you open iPhone Storage, you will notice that the cache has been cleared and the overall size of the application has decreased.
With the active use of Instagram, the application will start saving the cache again, so it is possible that the above procedure will have to be repeated several times.
It is important to note that Instagram should be deleted, not unloaded. When unloading, the application will be removed, but the cache will remain in the "Documents and Data" section.
As mentioned, the above method is the only sure way to delete the contents of the Documents & Data section on iPhone and iPad, regardless of the app. Some third-party programs have built-in tools for deleting data and cache, such as Google Maps or Twitter, but Instagram for iOS does not yet have this option.
- How to add music to Instagram Stories on iPhone - 2 ways.
- Most Popular People on Instagram - 35 accounts with the most followers.
- Kirakira +, or How to Add Glitter Effect to Instagram Videos.