2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 08:36
Starting with macOS Catalina, users will no longer be able to use iTunes to sync their iPhone or iPad to their Mac. The Finder application is now intended for this purpose and has received enhanced capabilities. However, some users have complained about the inability to sync their iPhone or iPad with the Mac after updating it to macOS Catalina or later. The Finder simply doesn't recognize an iPhone or iPad connected to your computer.
If you are having this problem, then here are some tips to fix it. This will help you set up syncing with a Mac running newer versions of macOS.
After connecting your iPhone or iPad to your Mac, in the pop-up window, click Trust and enter the password on the screen of your mobile device to continue. Then follow the steps below. Try using different USB cables to connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. This will help eliminate cable problems.
What if you can't sync iPhone or iPad with Finder on macOS?
Follow these simple steps in sequence and see if the Finder app on macOS Catalina sees your iPhone or iPad and can connect to it.
Turn on the display of connected iOS devices in Finder
1. Click on Finder → Preferences in the top menu.
2. In the Finder settings, go to " Sidebar ".
3. In the " Side Menu " tab, check the box next to "CDs, DVDs and iOS devices".
Otherwise, you won't be able to find your iPhone or iPad in the Finder sidebar if the display of these devices is not enabled in the settings.
Find and delete the settings file for the Finder application
1. Open the Finder app.
2. Click on Go → Go to Folder in the top menu.
3. Enter ~ / Library / Preferences / or ~ / Libraries / Preferences / and click Go.
4. Find the com.apple.finder.plist file and drag it to the trash can.
5. Restart the Finder application. Press the ⌥Option (Alt) key and right-click the Finder icon on the dock and select Restart.
6. Check if you can connect your iPhone or iPad to Finder.
Restart Finder and connect your iPhone or iPad again
1. Disconnect your iPhone or iPad from your Mac.
2. Restart the Finder application. Press the ⌥Option (Alt) key and right-click the Finder icon on the dock and select Restart.
3. Reconnect your iPhone or iPad using the cable.
4. Make sure the Finder app now detects your iPhone or iPad.
Restart your iPhone (iPad) and Mac.
Based on experience, many users have experienced this problem due to the default Finder settings for displaying a connected iPhone or iPad are disabled.
- Launchpad on Mac: what it is and how to set it up correctly to use it.
- How to hide files and folders on Mac (macOS) from strangers: 3 ways.
- How to Record Video from Mac Screen (macOS): 2 Ways.
ITunes Is Missing In MacOS Catalina, Where To Find ITunes Store Purchases And How To Sync And Restore IPhone Or IPad Now
The iTunes app has long received a lot of criticism. Finally, Apple listened to its users and planned to ditch the product. The upcoming changes will affect macOS Catalina. Starting with this operating system, iTunes will be split into three separate apps: Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV
Have you encountered a situation when, if you wanted to update to a new version of iOS, your iPhone or iPad did not find an update or reported an error in the Software Update settings ? In this article, we will tell you about several ways to solve the problem when the message “Checking for an update…” does not disappear instead of an available update .I
Today, only a lazy or very far from the IT world does not know about the story of the exploding Galaxy Note7 battery. In this regard, it is logical that immediately after the release of the new flagship, the Galaxy S8, users became interested: did Samsung do "work on the mistakes"?
The Most Dangerous Virus For Android Has Been Detected - Backdoor.AndroidOS.Obad.a. Description And Principle Of Operation
Specialists of the anti-virus company Kaspersky Lab have discovered a particularly dangerous Trojan virus that attacks Android devices . The Trojan has a structure similar to viruses written for Windows and uses Android flaws to perform operations under DeviceAdministrator rights
Not so long ago, users of devices based on iOS were faced with the mass distribution of unsolicited messages, or simply - spam. The spammers' attacks were carried out using Apple's proprietary messaging program iMessage .The first spam was bombarded by Apple developers