Don't rush to say, "I don't need this," after reading only the title of this article. If you are the happy owner of any of the Apple iOS devices, as well as an active Internet user, then I am more than confident in the usefulness of this material for you. So, what is this article about? Surely you have used file hosting many times to transfer files to your friends or just to store any personal data.
However, the obvious drawbacks of the usual file sharing services is the lack of convenient synchronization with computers and iOS devices.
Dropbox + iFile + iPhone (iPad, iPod Touch) link will allow you to exercise full control over your personal data from anywhere in the world. You can easily store, upload, download, edit and share your files, both from a computer running Windows or Mac OS X, and from any iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch). And so, in order:
Dropbox is the most famous and popular service that allows you to store user data on remote servers ("cloud") and share with them over the Internet. Any file of your data can have a direct download link.
Installing the Dropbox client on Windows, Mac, Linux or iOS device
1. Sign up for Dropbox
2. Download and install the Dropbox client on your computer, iPhone or iPad.
3. After installation and authorization, you will be prompted to select a tariff plan. Dropbox offers 4 pricing plans:
Free is a tariff plan that provides 2 GB of free space in the Dropbox cloud and allows you to increase your cloud space up to 18 GB for attracting referrals. You will receive an additional 500 MB of space for each registration using your referral link or invitation.
Pro 50 is a plan that provides 50 GB of Dropbox cloud for $ 9.99 per month or $ 99.99 per year and allows you to increase your cloud space to 82 GB for referrals. You will receive an additional 1 GB of space for each registration using your referral link or invitation.
Pro 100 is a plan that provides 100 GB of Dropbox cloud storage for $ 19.99 per month or $ 199.99 per year, and allows you to grow your cloud space up to 132 GB for referrals. You will receive an additional 1 GB of space for each registration using your referral link or invitation.
Team is a tariff plan for corporate clients that provides 1 TB or more in the Dropbox cloud for 5 users for $ 795 per year, with the ability to add users. Each user added will increase the corporate cloud size by 200 GB for $ 125 per year.
4. Next, you will be prompted to select the Typical installation type (recommended), in which the program will be installed by default, or Advanced, in which you can choose the path to install the Dropbox client.
5. After installing the client, a special Dropbox folder will appear on your computer. When you open it, you will see the subfolders Public, Foto and others. You can delete or rename these folders at will. You can also see the same folders in the web interface of the Dropbox service by logging into dropbox.com.
Dropbox is sync-based. If you place a file in any of the Dropbox folders on your computer, then this file will instantly start being copied to the "cloud" and will be available to you via the web interface from anywhere in the world.
Each Dropbox folder has an indicator that tells the user what is going on.
6. In the Dropbox web interface, you will have access to advanced options for actions on folders and files. Here you can create, rename, move, download and delete folders. You can also create a folder and make it visible only to a specific circle of users registered with Dropbox by sending them an invitation. If you'd like to share a file with someone who doesn't have a Dropbox account, simply get the link to the file and share it. The user can easily download the file from your link.
Files do not have a shelf life, unlike most file hosting services.
7. Congratulations! You have become a user of the very convenient cloud service Dropbox. You can use it to store important documents, music, videos, etc. Try to try the service yourself by creating a folder and placing some files in it.
How to download and upload files from / to Dropbox on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using iFile from Cydia?
1. Jailbreak your iOS device. You can find detailed instructions in our iFAQ section.
2. Install the iFile file manager from Cydia.
3. Launch the iFile program and click on the Settings icon in the lower left corner of the program window.
4. Click on Link to Dropbox. And in the authorization window that opens, enter your registration e-mail and password.
5. Click on the icon in the lower right corner of the program window.
6. Click on the "+" icon.
7. From the menu that appears, select Dropbox.
8. A new tab will appear in front of you with a list of folders in your Dropbox account.
9. Open the desired folder and select the desired file. When you click, the selected file will start downloading and you will be presented with a list of applications with which you can open or edit it, of course, if they are available on your device.
10. To copy (paste, move) a file from Dropbox to iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or vice versa, click on "Change".
11. Select the desired file or folder and click on the icon that appears in the lower right corner.
12. In the list provided, select the required action: Copy, Move or Paste.
We also bring to your attention a video tutorial demonstrating how Dropbox and the iFile app work together on iOS devices:
Create a Dropbox account