One of the unpleasant features of the recent release of the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak using Redsn0w or its counterparts PwnageTool or Corona 5.0.1 Untether is the crash of the iBooks book reader application immediately after launch. This problem also occurred earlier, but was successfully "cured" by the hacker iH8sn0w. He developed two options to fix this bug in iOS 5.0.1 with untethered jailbreak.
How to fix iBooks app crash issue after untethered jailbreak iOS 5.0.1
1. Open Cydia on your device and go to the Manage section, then click Source.
2. In the upper right corner, click Edit, then Add. In the address bar that appears, enter http://repo.insanelyi.com and click Add Source. The repository installation will begin.
3. Open the installed repository in the Source tab and find the iBooksFix2 application.
4. Install the iBooksFix2 app.
5. Reboot your device.
6. After rebooting, a new working iBooks application will appear.
7. Uninstall the old non-working version of iBooks
1. Download the deb-file iBooksFix.deb from here.
2. Install iBooksFix.deb using the iFile program from Cydia or using any file manager and copy it to the / var / root / Media / Cydia / AutoInstall folder. If such a folder does not exist along this path, then create it.
3. Reboot your iOS device.
If you want to get a jailbreak on your device, then we hasten to remind you about our detailed instructions for Redsn0w and Corona 5.0.1 Untether.