2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 08:36
The popular graphics editor for Mac computers, Pixelmator, has received an update to version 2.2.1. The numbers indicate minor changes, but in reality everything is different - the application began to work almost twice as fast. And all corrections made during the work are now automatically saved in the background.
Moreover, both options are implemented very rationally, that is, the high speed of work is largely achieved due to the fact that only the changes themselves are subject to saving in iCloud. A complete copy of the image file is not created anew each time, and this in turn leads to faster data transfer and freeing up system resources.
Another great, albeit less publicized, innovation is the change in file format. In essence, it has remained the same and is used for the same purposes as the previous one; users will not have to get used to something new. However, the internal architecture has been fundamentally redesigned in accordance with the innovations in OS X itself. This is intended to provide a number of advantages in various types of editing, rendering, plus it provides excellent integration into OS X Quick Look is also an important factor.
List of new Pixelmator features:
- The new file format allows you to open and save changes made at twice the speed than before. Accordingly, the overall pace of work with the program increases.
- Any image editing is automatically subject to saving - the user does not need to issue a separate command. The process is automated and adapted for fast implementation in the background.
- The transfer of files to iCloud storage is performed using an improved algorithm. Instead of creating and uploading a complete copy of a cumbersome file, the system captures every change and only saves it. As a result - traffic savings and high data update rate.
- The Pixelmator 2.2.1, a new type of indicator to use when opening and saving files - to demonstrate the implementation process. It is associated with a new file type adapted to the specifics of OS X.
- The Quick Look option has been improved so that you can view saved documents without opening the file itself in the editor.
- Added a file format switcher - the user is given the opportunity to choose how to save the file, in original resolution or in a special Pixelmator format.
The improvements in the new version of the application are divided into two types: those that help to increase overall performance by optimizing the use of system resources, and those that simplify the use of editing tools.
A list of innovations designed to improve work productivity:
- Improved support for Noise Industries effects.
- The thread effect is now smoother.
- Clearer rendering of the image in the preview window when editing tints.
- It is now convenient to adjust the window size, as well as switch between an arbitrary number of open documents in Pixelmator. Added functions for panoramic view, zoom, full screen display, etc.
- Added an option to quickly compare the appearance of an image with and without a change made using keyboard shortcuts.
- The cloud effect allows new clouds to be generated each time this option is applied.
- Adjusting the sharpness of the picture acquired an extended scale.
- Sharpness settings work more correctly when using scaling in the preview.
- Darkening and lightening the image is now twice as fast, and the halo and sun flare effects have become more authentic.
- The tool "extract color" and "paint similar" for the elements of the picture work more correctly.
- When using the color swap option in the preview mode, the colored areas are now rendered more clearly.
- Fixed a whole range of minor annoying bugs, such as confusion between Spanish and French during localization, problems with some types of fonts, awkward scaling problems, etc.
Improvements to simplify image processing:
- The priority effects menu is quickly called up by simply pressing the return button on the keyboard.
- For each type of effect, a call for several keywords has been added, it has become easier to access them.
- The icons in the effects menu have been changed to alternative ones, which give a more adequate idea of what this or that type of processing is intended for.
- The arrangement of pointers of additional effects has been ordered, it will become more difficult to accidentally confuse them with built-in options.
- Additional effects pointers have gotten tips - it's easier to understand what is needed for what.
Download Pixelmator Editor from the Mac App Store.
- Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 for Windows and Mac OS X.
- MoneyWiz is the best finance tracker for your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- Hobby: drawings created on iPad by Anastasia Agafina (Moscow). Must watch! (Photo and video).
- Instashare - transfer data between iPhone, iPad and Mac without iTunes.
- Dialogue or how to make calls on Mac.
- Download Logic Pro X 10.0.2.
- Stylus and electronic ruler for iPad from Adobe.
- Download the iOS 7 beta 1 graphical user interface (GUI) (PSD).
Starting with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 on Apple's iPhone and iPad operating systems, the stock Photos app has received a powerful set of video editing tools. In iOS 12 and earlier, most of the editing tools are for images, but in iOS 13 the field of possibilities has been significantly expanded
The popularity of Zoom video messenger motivates competitors. Skype also has support for custom backgrounds in video calls, as is already present in Zoom.This ability to use custom backgrounds is part of the Skype for Mac, Windows, Linux and Web client update that began on April 16, 2020
Last year - after a 3.5-year hiatus - Apple finally updated its most powerful computer. Mac Pro has a new cylindrical shape and super-powerful filling. The first customers started getting Mac Pro back in late 2013. However, the computer lost its status of "scarce commodity" only two months ago
In less than a week, WWDC-2014, one of the main annual events in the life of Apple, will take place . The event is expected to feature OS X 10.10, iOS 8 and the new Healthbook medical app .Unsurprisingly, Samsung decided to surpass Apple and a few days before the event, Apple unveiled its own medical platform called SAMI, an acronym for Samsung Architecture Multimodal Interactions
In addition to fixing a number of old bugs, the new version of Google Maps for iOS marks major changes in functionality. The application now offers convenient and quick access to data on upcoming public transport departures and the map itself