2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 08:36
Every new macOS user who has previously used other operating systems naturally faces a number of challenges. However, over time, working with Mac becomes so convenient that a return to other ecosystems is out of the question. In today's article, we will consider another small macOS add-on that makes it easier to work with the interface - Hot Corners.
As Jony Ive once put it, simplicity is not just visual style, minimalism, or lack of clutter; to achieve simplicity, you have to dig a tunnel through complexity. Despite the fact that Apple's chief designer said a few things about other things, the same postulate is quite applicable to the desktop operating system. So, in order to perform a number of frequently used operations, such as launching Mission Control, Notification Center or Dashboard, you do not need to use the keyboard or do a lot of mouse manipulations, you just need to move the pointer to one of the four corners of the screen.
For example, in the Yablyk edition, our favorite settings for active corners are: when you move the pointer to the upper right corner, Launchpad (a screen with applications) opens, when you move to the lower right corner, the Notification Center appears. Very comfortably!
How to customize hot corners on Mac (macOS)
To do this, go to Settings → Mission Control → Hot Corners, and select four commands for each corner of the screen.
This could be:
1. Mission Control - a kind of multitasking menu that allows you to view thumbnails of all running applications and desktops;
2. Application windows - a similar option to the previous option that allows you to view all open windows on one screen within one application;
3. Desktop - this command allows you to instantly show the desktop, hiding all running applications and other elements;
4. Notification Center - displays messages from social networks, events from the Calendar, updates from the App Store, emails and more;
5. Launchpad - the command allows you to go to the list of all applications available on this Mac;
6. Start screensaver / disable screensaver - such an add-on will allow you to quickly close the desktop if you need to move away from the computer for a while or turn off the screensaver (screensaver) if it automatically started at the wrong time;
7. Put the monitor to sleep - another useful command for office workers to quickly hide the contents of the screen.
8. Lock screen - go to the lock screen with a field for entering the Administrator password.
- How to remove shadow effect in window screenshots on macOS.
- How to save Pages files as Word (doc, docx) on Mac.
- How to make your own photos animated screensavers on macOS.
It's hard to believe - but not so long ago (some twelve years ago), the iPhone … simply did not exist! There were other cell phones, and people still dreamed of better ones. What devices did people like in the early to mid-2000s and were you lucky enough to own one of them?
The function of creating favorite contacts was available in many cell phones 15 years ago, but then this was done for the sole purpose of getting the ability to quickly dial the desired number. In modern mobile operating systems, the Favorites section of the phone book can be much more useful
Every summer, residents of apartment buildings in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and a number of other countries envy the owners of gas water heaters and boilers. The latter can relax in the bathroom after a hot day, while most of the district's population boils water in basins at the same time in order to maintain at least minimal personal hygiene standards
AirDrop technology, which back in 2013 was positioned as the most convenient way to transfer data between Apple devices, is finally starting to work correctly. Now, with the release of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra, users can seamlessly move files between iDevices and Mac computers
The term "protective" in the name of this accessory does not officially appear, at least, the authors of the startup did not so clearly provoke a stream of criticism. Their lot is the embodiment of design ideas.Made of high-quality American aluminum, on local equipment, in the United States, by its inhabitants - for their compatriots