Congratulations! Now you have joined the ranks of the multimillion-dollar army of Apple device owners. It is safe to say that with some knowledge (you can get it on our website) you will be able to appreciate the enormous potential of your new iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. We recommend that you start getting to know the device by registering an Apple ID account.
ON TOPIC: Date of activation of the iPhone, or how to find out the remaining warranty period.
What is an Apple ID for
Apple ID will allow you to access all of Apple's online services, including: iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Apple Music, and of course, the iTunes Store and App Store.
In simple terms, using Apple ID, you can:
- download paid and free content (games, applications, music, videos, etc.) directly to iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV and Mac.
- send and receive free iMessage multimedia messages (text, images, etc.);
- Make free FaceTime audio and video calls;
- synchronize and store personal data (contacts, notes, reminders, accounts, documents, etc.) through the iCloud cloud service.
We strongly recommend that you understand and try each of the points.
- The best games for iPhone and iPad.
- Tips and Secrets about iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- Our application for iPhone and iPad (instructions, reviews, information on discounts on games and applications).
If you do not plan to make purchases in Apple online stores in the near future, then create an Apple ID account without a credit card. In any case, you can replenish this account or link a card to it later.
How to create Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac or Windows computer (with / without credit card)
1. Open your browser, go to the official Apple website in the Apple ID section (link).
2. Scroll down the screen and click the Create Apple ID button.
3. Enter Name and Surname.
4. Select your country.
How to make the App Store in Russian
In order for the menu in the App Store and iTunes Store to be in Russian, you must select the country Russia. If in Ukrainian, then Ukraine. Unfortunately, the Belarusian segment of the App Store still exists in English, so the only way to get an online store in Russian is to select the country Russia during registration.
5. Enter your date of birth. If you are under 18, you have to cheat - Apple allows you to create an account only for adults. Write that you are 18 or over. When you turn 18, be sure to change the data to the current one.
6. Enter your work E-mail-box to which you have access. This email address will be your Apple ID login.
7. Think up and enter the desired password twice in the corresponding fields.
Attention! The password must contain both uppercase (large) and lowercase (small) letters of the Latin alphabet, as well as numbers. The password must be at least 8 characters long. Do not use repeating characters in a row. Alternatively, you can use someone's name with a capital letter and a phone number as a password.
Examples of a secure password:
8. Enter security parameters: select three questions and answer them in the corresponding fields. Approach your choice of questions and answers with special care. Try to choose the options that are easiest to remember. These questions are required in case of password recovery.
9. Leave the items Announcements and Applications, music, films and much more blank if you do not want to receive mountains of spam from Apple.
10. Enter the characters from the image in the appropriate field and click the "Continue" button.
11. Check your mail. A letter from Apple should be sent to the email address specified during registration (in paragraph 6 of this instruction) to confirm the account.
Open this letter, copy the sent 6-digit code, enter it on the registration site and click Next.
Congratulations, you now have an Apple ID ! Now it remains to complete the registration procedure on the device itself.
12. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and go to the iTunes Store and App Store or Apple ID (at the very top of the main Settings app screen).
13. Click the "Login" button at the very top of the screen and enter your Apple ID (the full email address that was specified in step 6 of this instruction) and the password that you came up with in step 7. Click "Login".
14. In the pop-up window that appears, click View.
15. Set the radio button next to Accept terms and conditions to Enabled.
16. On the page that opens, select a payment method.
If in the near future you are not going to buy anything in Apple's e-magi (iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Music, etc.), check the box next to No or Not specified. (None), if you plan to purchase, enter your bank card details in the appropriate field.
Please note that if a Russian Apple ID is registered by a user from, for example, Ukraine, Belarus or Kazakhstan, it may subsequently be difficult to link the local credit card to the Russian account.
Let's take our situation as an example. The editorial office of yablyk.com is located in the Republic of Belarus, but we use a Russian Apple ID account in Russian without linking a bank card. We make purchases in the App Store (replenish the account) using the method indicated below:
BY THEME: How to buy games or applications in the App Store without linking a map.
Since 2016, some Russian operators have allowed users to pay for purchases in the App Store from their mobile phone bill. We talked about this in detail here.
17. Enter your postal address including postal code.
BY THEME: What index to enter when registering Apple ID.
If you register a Russian Apple ID from another country (in order for it to be in Russian), you need to indicate the Russian postal code (for example, Moscow) and a phone number.
18. Click Next.
Everything! Your Apple ID is activated and ready to go. Click the Continue button.
ON TOPIC: How to "Find Friends" on the iPhone, or how to view the location of friends on iOS.
How to make changes to an existing Apple ID (add a bank card, change phone, country, address, enable two-factor authentication, etc.)
1. Open a browser on your iOS device or computer and follow the link.
2. Enter your Apple ID and password.
3. Select the required section to make changes.
- How to teach iPhone to pronounce the name of the caller.
- 10 things you can do while on an iPhone call
- 10 Useful iOS Gestures on iPhone and iPad You May Not Know About