If you are tired of the standard Apple screensaver on the Mac lock screen, you can customize the interface by replacing the picture with a different wallpaper, add funny messages, motivators, and change the icon of your profile or other accounts on Mac. How to do this will be discussed in the article below.
How to Change Wallpaper on Mac Lock Screen
When choosing a new wallpaper for your lock screen, look for the image resolution to match or exceed your Mac display. To check your screen resolution, click on the Apple button in the lower left corner and select the "About This Mac" -> "Displays" option.
After uploading the desired image, the file must be converted to PNG format. To do this, open "View" -> "File" -> "Save As". Select.png" alt="Image
Next, open Finder -> "Go" -> "Go to folder". In the window that appears, enter / Library / Caches and click Go.
When the cache folder opens, drag the image and click "Replace".
Now, when you log out, the screen saver you selected will be displayed on the screen. However, if you change your desktop wallpaper, macOS replaces the custom image with the standard blurry version of the home screen.
BY THEME: Diagnostics Mac, or how to independently detect problems with hardware on Apple computers.
How to add a message to the Mac lock screen
1. Open "System Preferences" -> "Protection and Security";
2. Go to the General tab, click on the lock in the lower left corner and enter the password in order to make changes;
3. Check the box next to the option "Show message if screen is locked";
4. Click on the "Set blocking message" button;
five. Type the text of the message (containing, for example, your contact information, in case the computer is lost) and click "OK".
RELATED TO: How to Make Function F-Keys on Mac Truly Functional.
How to change the user icon in the account
1. Open "System Preferences" -> "Users and Groups";
2. Click on the current icon for editing;
3. Choose a new image from the proposed ones, take a picture using your Mac webcam or use any of your own images, after adding it to the Photos application;
4. Click "Save" to save the new profile icon.
- How to make functional F-keys on Mac really functional.
- How to change the default location of the AirDrop folder on Mac (macOS).
- Startup on Mac, or how to add (remove) programs to start automatically when macOS boots.