2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 08:36
With the release of macOS Big Sur (installation instructions and review), an interesting opportunity for all web surfers with the release of macOS Big Sur will be the work of an add-on in Safari, designed to translate sites from one language to another on the fly. The built-in translator will help to display the content of the foreign page of the site in the Russian language we are used to.
Only in the beta version of Big Sur, Russian users were deprived of the opportunity to try this tool. But will regional restrictions stop the curious? You can enable Safari's built-in translator with just a few clicks.
How to enable translator mode in Safari in macOS Big Sur
1. First, launch your Mac 's System Preferences app.
2. Select the " Language and Region " section.
3. You will have to cheat the system a little by changing Russia (or another country) to the United States of America on the " Basic " tab in the " Region " list.
4. Restart Safari to apply the changes.
5. Open any English-language site, you will see a blue built-in translator icon at the end of the address bar. Click on it. In the window that appears, click Translate to Russian or Preferred languages to set the default language for translation.
6. In the pop-up window that appears, click Enable translation. This action needs to be done only once.
Everything! The page will be automatically displayed in Russian.
How well does Apple's translator compare to Google's Chrome counterpart? I must say that in Safari, translation of texts is no worse than that of a competitor, and in some places the subtleties of the language are conveyed even better.
If the Safari browser is your main surfing tool and you are already testing Big Sur with might and main, then activate this function as soon as possible. It will quickly show its usefulness and effectiveness.
- How to automatically color-highlight specific emails in Mail on Mac.
- How to check the speed of your SSD, HDD, or USB stick on Mac (macOS).
- How to schedule your Mac to sleep and turn it on automatically.
As part of the traditional WWDC 2020 Developers Conference, Apple has unveiled another update to the operating system for Mac computers.macOS 11 is dubbed Big Sur after the region of the coast of central California where the Santa Lucia mountain range drops abruptly to the Pacific coast
At one time, Apple gave names to its operating systems in honor of animals, representatives of the feline family. But apparently, cougars, panthers, tigers and jaguars ran out, or the names were simply taken over by third-party products, and, starting with version 10
Online privacy is an increasing concern for Internet users. There are many ways to protect your privacy online, and the simplest of them is to launch your browser in private browsing mode. This article will discuss how to run Safari on a Mac, iPhone or iPad in incognito mode by default while browsing the Internet
Every time you open a new window or tab in Safari, you see a bar that displays all of your favorite sites. But what if, in fact, these sites are not your favorites and the resources installed in the "Favorite" are useless for you? In this case, you can customize the Favorites bar according to your own preferences
It is quite difficult today without knowledge of the English language. Not many people can easily remember the translation of the desired word or its pronunciation. This is especially true for those who do not have constant access to the Internet or are on a business trip