2023 Author: Gordon Kinson | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-06-01 01:17
With the release of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 (detailed review), it became possible to choose a default mail application, different from the standard Mail. While there is nothing wrong with Apple's Mail, some people just prefer a third-party app with different features.
If you are one of those people and want to change the default email app on your iPhone or iPad, here's how to do it. Then, when you click on an email address or a link where you can send an email, you can automatically use your preferred app without any further action.
How to set Gmail (or Spark) as the default email program on iPhone and iPad
Obviously, if you want to use a third-party mail application by default, then you have it already downloaded and installed. However, make sure the program is updated to the latest version.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Go to the parameters of the mail program in the list of attachments.
3. Select the "Default Mail Application" section.
4. Select the mail application you want to use as default. If you have multiple email applications installed, you will see all of them as available options, as shown in the screenshot below.
Keep in mind that not all email apps have this feature at the moment or offer it yet. Therefore, if you do not see the "Default mail application" option in the mail application settings, you may have to wait for a while until the developers update the program.
- In iOS 14, at the top of the screen, a green or orange indicator lights up: what are they for?
- Tap on iPhone Cover - Take a screenshot: How to bind actions to tap on the back of an iPhone.
- IOS 14 widgets on iPhone or iPad: how to add, customize, and use.