IPhone repair is not an easy task. Nevertheless, you should not always run to a service center and pay huge amounts for repairs, because sometimes you can still deal with a breakdown on your own. Why the screen on the iPhone starts to "move away" and whether it is possible to fix the problem yourself, we will tell below.
Why is the iPhone screen “peeling off” (flaking)
Service center specialists most often identify 4 main reasons why the iPhone screen can peel off.
1. Over time. Long-term use of the smartphone in different weather conditions can lead to the gradual destruction of the adhesive bond between the plastic display frame and the glass.
2. Swelling of the battery. A common cause of display detachment (breakage of the bezel or glue joint) on iPhone is battery swelling.
The main causes of a swollen iPhone battery are:
- mechanical damage (for example, falling of a smartphone);
- manufacturing defects;
- contact with liquid;
- development resource. Usually occurs on batteries that have been in use for more than 3 years;
- incorrect charging mode, constant long-term recharging of the battery (for example, when you leave an already charged battery on charging for a long time);
- using a non-original charger.
- temperature test. Using iPhone in critical conditions (heat, cold, sudden temperature changes).
3. Consequences of poor-quality screen replacement (or other repair). Screen peeling on the iPhone may be the result of poor quality repairs by an incompetent service center employee or the installation of a new low quality display module.
4. Mechanical damage to the case (drops, impacts, bending, etc.).
Is it possible to fix the display peeling problem on iPhone by yourself
It is possible, but subject to experience in repairing Apple smartphones, as well as the necessary tools.
- After disassembling the device, it is necessary to establish the reason that caused the display to peel off.
- Check the battery, it may be swollen and is the main cause of the problem.
- Check the integrity of the display frame. If the frame is broken, then it must be replaced. If the cause of delamination is the destruction of the adhesive bond, then use special glue to solve the problem.
Stationery glue or PVA won't work here, so you'll need to purchase an all-purpose glue that meets industry standard strength. Such glue will not let water inside, and due to its transparency will remain invisible.
For example, you can use E8000 glue.
They are easy to buy and inexpensive. Just squeeze some of the substance out of the tube and carefully re-glue the frame with glue. It is recommended to use your smartphone no earlier than 24-72 hours after the completion of the repair.
- Optimized charging, or how in iOS to extend the life of an iPhone battery that is constantly left on charge overnight.
- The main problem with AirPods is their batteries, is it possible to replace the battery in Apple headphones over time?
- Auto Access Hotspot on iPhone, iPad and Mac: what is it and why is it better to turn it off?